The only course of its kind for UX content strategists
UX Content Research & Testing Course
Prove the value of your writing! Expand your content strategy and UX writing skills with online training in content research.
Price: US $549
“I really liked the real-life case studies! And the section about how to measure successful A/B tests”
~Laura Luck, CX & UX writer
Learn 11 methods for testing your content with customers. Get the data to show your bottom-line impact.
Learn how to gather data from the start
Learn about the tools and organization needed to establishing a baseline and start testing
Apply the right tests for the design phase
Follow our Content Testing Framework to understand which test is best for your team and project
Take a deep dive into A/B testing
Learn how to craft valuable hypotheses, and how to create an A/B testing strategy for copy
Present your findings in a portfolio project
Learn how to synthesise, analyze and then report your conclusions to design teams in your portfolio-ready project
Become a Data-Driven UX Writer
Prove the value of your copy
Learn how to measure the impact of your words with qualitative and quantitative research.
This course teaches how to research your content, quantify it, test it with users, and present those findings to critical team members and stakeholders. Get the knowledge and skills you need to identify the right test, for the right time.
You’ll learn everything from how to initially research inspiration for your copy, the best questions to ask along the way, comprehensive methods for qualitative testing, and everything you need to know about A/B testing copy.
Get certified online
The Content Research & Testing course is self-paced and online. Take your time or speed through—it’s up to you!
As you complete each lesson, you’ll submit practice work. Your ultimate assessment is a final project in which you synthesize information from an imaginary series of user testing sessions, and complete a full research report—complete with hypotheses for an A/B testing strategy.
Complete this course with a certificate in content research & testing proficiency and a portfolio-ready project.
Access our student and mentor community
You won’t go through this course alone. Not only will you be guided with active comments and feedback during the course, but you’ll also have access to our student community.
Once you join you get access to a private student Facebook group, and a Slack mentor group as well.
Ask questions, compare notes, share job leads, and create new valuable industry connections!
- Lesson 1.1: An introduction to content testing
- Lesson 1.2: Clarify your purpose and interview stakeholders
- Lesson 1.3: How to conduct interviews with experts
- Lesson 1.4: Exploring the customer problem
- Lesson 1.5: Making sense of your data
- Lesson 2.1: Identifying key messaging
- Lesson 2.2: Preparing for customer research
- Lesson 2.3: Working with Google Trends
- Lesson 2.4: Interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Lesson 2.5: Search term mining
- Lesson 2.6: Competitive messaging research
- Lesson 2.7: Highlighter exercises for sentiment analysis
- Lesson 2.8: Surveys to determine content & terminology preferences
- Lesson 3.1: An introduction to A/B testing
- Lesson 3.2: Modern A/B testing and experimentation culture
- Lesson 3: How to develop a valuable A/B test
- Lesson 3.4: Example walkthroughs of A/B tests
- Lesson 3.5: How to manage stakeholder expectations before, during and after an A/B test
- Lesson 3.6: Developing a culture of optimization
- Lesson 4.1: Collecting data
- Lesson 4.2: User behavior data & what to track
- Lesson 4.3: Tally, synthesize, and aggregate results
- Lesson 4.4: Present your research and data-backed findings
- Lesson 5.1: Implementing team-backed decisions
- Lesson 5.2: Identifying the highest impact wins
Founder of the UX Writers Collective. Former head of UX Content Strategy for Google Payments & Google Assistant transactions. Former design & content senior manager for QuickBooks Online & QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Co-founder of the UX Writers Collective. Senior digital copywriter at MYOB, Australia’s largest accounting software company. Freelance content strategist and UX writer with clients including KPMG, Dropbox, Data Republic and more. Host of the “Writers of Silicon Valley” podcast.
Time estimates fall around 15-30 hours of study and practice work for this course depending on your speed. There are 6 units in the Content Research & Testing course. Each unit is broken down into a series of lessons with practice quizzes and reviews along the way.
This course is designed to fit around your schedule; lessons are available on-demand at any time. There is no live instruction, so you’re free to study whenever you have time. By the end of the course, you’ll have created your first content testing presentation.
- A computer (Mac, Windows, or Linux) with the latest version of Chrome
- A broadband internet connection
- Fluent English reading and writing proficiency
- Some familiarity with UX writing terms and methods
Need more info?
Read our frequently asked questions